Monday, September 29, 2008

WOTS

Picked Moira up at noon and we went to Word on the Street. I stared telling a woman at the Crime Writers of Canada table how wonderful a series of books was that was sitting on the table - she was the author, Lou Allin. Hope I made her day. I couldn't buy her books since I've read them all but bought a couple of others. Picked up a few good deals at other tables and stashed them in the car.

From 2 to 5 I sat at the BCTF table and handed out stuff and answered questions. A man who was not "well" tried to flog his book that solves all the problems of teaching math. Turned out it was rejected by the VSB 20 years ago. We didn't really want it and he just lost it. I finally told him to go home and take his pills. Then there was the flasher. I sent security after him. Should have whipped out my cell phone to take a photo - always think of it ages later.

Most people were much more normal. Saw several old friends. Moira hung around all afternoon, even standing in line at Starbucks to bring me a latte. We went to The Keg at Granville Island for a scrumptious steak covered with blue cheese.

No comments: