Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike

Woke up to the destruction of Ike. Started watching KHOU TV in Houston for really detailed coverage. Saw the area that Patience lives in and there was a lot of water. Finally heard from Mike and he had taken Patience with his family to stay with a friend. They might try going back on Monday. Depends on the power.

Found another cache near the new transit depot in Marpole. I knew my car GPS was wrong when it wanted me to take the Arthur Lang Bridge. I went anyway to see what it would say. When the voice announced I had arrived, I was on the bridge over the site - oops! It took a while to find the entrance in the fence to this new park but it was worth it. A trail along the shoreline and a new little outcropping with benches. The cache was right where it was supposed to be (#15).

A bit of grocery shopping and the library, then home for the weekend.

No comments: