Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend to End Breast Cancer

Woke up to an interview on CBC of 90-year-old Joseph Plaskett. When I was visiting Jan in Paris we had dinner at his house. He was famous for his dinners. The house was built around a a tree and the banister was carved around it. Jan & Joe played 4-handed piano for us. Probably the first time I ever heard her play.

Erik Nielsen, the Yukon MP, died this week. He was the brother of the actor, Leslie, and Gordon, who taught me how to bowl in Richmond. My Uncle Alun served in the RCMP with their father.

Stopped at Starbucks for Pumpkin Latte and then off to Maple Grove Park to try to find a cache. I was close, but couldn't find it. Walked across the park to visit Nancy. She was in charge of the rest stop for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer walk. I wasn't walking but did sponser Nancy.

Picasa Web Albums - Val - End Breast Cancer

Back to try to find the cache and failed. My GPS unit is for cars and doesn't really work well for this fine a search.

Went to Three Vets but they don't sell GPSs. Did buy a fanny pack to use for this venture - $8.92. On to COSTCO but they are waiting for a new shipment. Moira met me and we shopped for a while (bought 2 Christmas presents) and drove next door to Tim Horton's for lunch.

Researched GPS units online and found the model to buy at the Garmin site. Then asked where it was sold and found it at The Source at Oakridge. Went to buy it, taking along the page with the online sale price of $70 off and they were selling it for that much. The funny thing was when I called Lori to consult, she had ordered one like mine for driving. So the 2 types are different.





No comments: