Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Only Money

Started out at Archer Bissonnette Rea Optical by Broadway & Granville. Dr. Archer said my eyes were healthy. A new machine took a colour photo of inside of the whole eye. He says that they'll soon be able to email it to me if I want. My 3 lenses all needed correction. My glasses are quite old so I bought new frames - EasyTwist N Clip CT 154 (with clip-on sunglasses). I should have them by the end of next week. Then I'll be able to put the magnifying glass away.

Spent some time in the Point Grey Library, checking my iTouch (all VPL branches have free wireless) and reading. Next was my GP, Dr. Brough, to talk about the pill I was taking for my hernia. We decided not to refill the prescription and try going without. The last ones were half the strength of what I had been taking and I felt fine. He checked my sore foot and said I've just sprained it (see yesterday). No big walks for a few weeks.

TELUS called to ask me to renew my mobile contract. I bypassed the free phones and paid $49 for a Samsung SPH-a523 Mysto (Hello). I chose it because the camera was much better than the cheaper ones. It is 3.0 and most of those were much more expensive.

I stayed with the Super Talk 20 plan, now called Talk A Lot 20. I get to keep my 50 bonus minutes from the previous plan and the TELUS to TELUS Promotion (free calls to other TELUS users). For the next 3 months I can call as much as I want locally. A way to entice me to up my usage so I'll want a bigger plan - it won't work!

Didn't think much of tonight's speeches. So repetitive!

No comments: