Friday, September 5, 2008

BBQ

Slow getting started this morning. I was up late entering contacts into my new cell phone (until the battery died). Finally ended up at the Red Cross at 12:30 to pick up a binder I am editing.

Decided since I was already so far from home, I would drive to Fort Langley, via the Albion Ferry, to find Tracycakes Bakery Cafe after reading about it in the paper yesterday. Had some excellent split pea soup and a cupcake for lunch (3:00!) and a pot of vanilla tea. I wanted a cupcake and a box of minis to take for dinner tonight and finally realized if I didn't jump up and ask, they were going to be all gone by the time I finished my soup. Definitely a place to revisit!

I then visited the Fort Wine Co. and tasted a few wines, buying a Mighty Fraser Red Cranberry and a really good Keremeos Apple Pear. I then tried some Wild West Blackberry Port and Iced Apple Dessert Wine. The woman teaching us said she is experimenting with putting a slice of orange into the glass first and was going to try adding some lemon as well, making a kind of cocktail. It was a good taste and I bought a bottle of the Apple. It will keep open for about a month. I don't like sweet wines but these are really good.

Totally loosing track of time and task, I was late getting home. Moira called while I was in Cloverdale to offer me a ride to the VTLA Executive bbq at Mary's. I finally arrived home around 5:30 and we weren't the last to arrive. Mary's husband took care of all bbqing for us and Mary finally nudged us out at 11:00 as she was going away in the morning.

My foot isn't as sore as yesterday and I didn't do much walking today. I'll try to stay in and pamper it this weekend. I have so much to do. Thank goodness going to work isn't part of it!

No comments: