Tuesday, September 2, 2008

TGIF

The started well with my letter in both the Sun & Province (maybe the Courier Wednesday?):

During the first few days of school, ask your child's principal how many hours a week the school library is open and if the teacher-librarian is trained. In a province that brags about its plans for literacy, it's embarrassing how many students don't have this basic service available to them daily.


Tried taking counterfeit $5 to the police but the receptionist turned me away and said she didn't know what I should do with it but they wouldn't be interested. The bank told me on the phone to take it to the police. Since it is illegal to possess, what is one to do? I will take it in to my own branch of VanCity this week and try again.

The Vancouver Branch of the Retired Teachers Association had their Thank God I'm Free lunch at the Vancouver Yacht Club today. Mall, Lynn and Pat were there from Weir. Lots of food - bowls of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries & blackberries.

Met Mae & Connie at Capers. Didn't need anything to eat or drink so just sat with them as they did. Did some shopping at Granville Island. Found a water bottle I knew Matt wanted so took it to him. He is feeling a bit better. Met a friend on the sidewalk who lives in the same building and is friends with him - six degrees of separation!

No comments: