Tuesday, September 9, 2008

1st Solo Find

Started out with the new handheld GPS. Still couldn't find the one in Maple Grove Park. Did find first cache on my own on the old Arbutus rail tracks. Left an Olympic Lucky Loonie. Failed at the next one. Practice will make perfect.

Went to several stores in Richmond, ending with the farm at Steveston & the highway for fresh produce. Back to Oakridge and was able to buy an adapter cable to plug the serial plug that came with the GPS into a USB port. Took a bit of fiddling but can now download Waypoints into both devices (the one in the car tells me where to drive & the handheld where to walk).

Did a couple of loads of laundry. It's been a while since my cleaner has been here.

Family relationships can be a royal pain - 2 seem to be angry with me and not talking to me. Seems I forgot something. DUH - old age, cancer, medication.....

No comments: