Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Check Up

Started my day at 8:00 at the Cancer Agency for a checkup with Dr. Gelman. I've been having some problems with memory so I had a bunch of blood tests I haven't had before (thyroid, diabetes...) and a head scan has been added to next month's CT Scan. I'm also going to see a neurologist. The problem is probably my age, the Arminidex I take every day, stress (just a little in the last year) or ??? It is the latter that needs to be ruled out. My short checkup stretched into a couple of hours. The nurse couldn't find a vein in the usual place so stuck me halfway down the lower arm and it was really easy and painless. I think she saw me shudder when she looked at the back of the hand. My worst was the top of the foot!

Went to Mae's in time to watch The View & dropped her off at Granville Island. ABC must fire Elizabeth Hasselbeck for her cracks about Michelle Obama!

Met Rum & Nancy for Japanese lunch. Excellent. Spent time visiting at school before taking another crack at the cache across the street. Still can't find it and ended up covered with grass seeds. Had to buy a lint roller to get them off!

Took the binder I had editted back to the Red Cross in Burnaby and went over it with Emma. Visited with Mike & Cydney.

My GPS took me on a fascinating route to the Big Bend Crossing at Byrne & Marine Way. The clerk had trouble with the till when I shopped at Save-On in July and I was double billed on my VISA bill. Luckily I am anal enough to keep every bill and they gave me the money back.

Very tired when I finally reached home.

No comments: