Friday, July 3, 2009

Treatment #3

The tech taking blood at 11:30 this morning found a vein quickly and filled a few vials. I then picked up my new supply of pills and walked down to Broadway for breakfast.

My trial treatment appointment was at 2:00. I had suggested to the doctor yesterday that they find a vein and leave a line in it so it will be easier to draw blood when they are supposed to. The nurse put the IV into my port and then tried finding a vein in the back of my left hand. It took a while before she was satisfied. Unfortunately she couldn't get blood out of it when the time came. Another nurse came in and tried for a bit. She agreed the line was in a vein but no blood would come. Finally, she switched to the back of the right hand. This worked somewhat better and she filled the vials - and spilled some on me and the floor. It took them almost 1/2 an hour to do this. My veins were not being cooperative!

I was so tired by this time that I didn't stop for groceries and drove straight home. I fell asleep and missed the end of Murder She Wrote!!

Poor Lions. I was hoping they'd win to cheer me up. Right down to the last Hail Mary!

At least Sarah Palin entertained me. What an idiot!

No comments: