Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day of Confusion

I thought I was oganized but the day ended up confused. I drank a bottle of water at 8:15 and another at 8:45 in prep for a CT-Scan at 9:00. The tech had to use a vein in the back of my hand but it only hurt for a bit. Then up to the Medical Day Care for blood tests. Using the port makes this part so easy.

Went to Pru's and we were getting ready to pick up Patience & Sean at YVR when the clinic called to see where I was. I was supposed to see my nurse & doctor at the Fairmont Building (there are renovations under way on the 2nd floor of the Cancer Agency). I had not been told of these appointments and was able to show them my sheet of appointments to prove it. Made it in 20 minutes and saw Stephanie. Dr. Gelmon was running late and I still had to wait an hour. She said the verbal report of the CT-Scan sounded okay and I was in good shape. I should have fasted for the glucose test this morning but again was able to show my sheet specifically said not to today or tomorrow. I suggested fasting tonight and repeating the test so that is what we'll do.

Back home and then to Pru's for dinner and to see Patience.

Today was the hottest day ever (33.8) in Vancouver. Broke a record from August 1960. It was brutal. At one point there was a trickle running down my back. Got Pru to shower me with the hose at one point - it did help. I'll keep my spray bottle of water close tonight.

No comments: