Saturday, July 25, 2009

Illuminares Lantern Festival

Spent the day with Lori & Pam. We found geocaches in Vancouver and Burnaby. I added 14 to my count and am now at 246. The huge thunder storm hit while we were deep in Central Park. Of course none us had a jacket and there was nowhere to go that wasn't under trees. One lighting bolt and thunder clap were simultaneous. By the time we got back to the car we were soaked through.

Earlier in the day we left my car in the lot at the
Illuminares Lantern Festival at Trout Lake. We were already wet so the drizzle didn't bother us too much. We visited the Fantasy & Fire III Event Cache and included it in our count. Nice to meet others as addicted as we are. The lightning continued to add to the atmosphere and the sunset lit up the sky to the west as though everything was on fire.

Of course I managed to loose my new ($70) sunglasses as I transferred stuff to my car!

No comments: