Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sidetracked

Today I was totally sidetracked into a project that took 5 hours!

It started when I read the teacher's guide for tomorrow's field trip to the Vancouver Art Gallery. The curator of the show we are going to is named Thom (like cousins Daphne & Janet). My interest was peaked and I did a little research. I found nothing on Ian Thom, but did find a family history! They lived in Russell, Manitoba - 40 km from my Dad's town of Rossburn. Our families must have interacted!

I did more research on various genealogy sites and suddenly it was 5 pm.

Off to Boundary Bay Regional Park and a walk along the dunes. My new camera bag worked a treat.


Picked Moira up at the ferry at 6:30 and we had scrumptious Hickory Smoked Bacon and Amorosa Tomato Pizzas at the White Spot.

No comments: