Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Havoc

Taking medication to kill estrogen has a downside - it makes me stupid (stupider?)! I tried making bread last night and muddled two recipes. Tried a different recipe this morning and found that my raisins expired in 2006. A quick trip to Safeway (and Starbucks) and the bread is in the machine.

My letter was published in today's Province. The parts in italics were edited out - probably for the better, although I liked using the word havoc.

I drove past the Greater Vancouver Zoo today and was reminded why I will never enter it again. The last time was many years ago, and I was upset by the living conditions of the specimens. Then there were the incidents with the elephant and hippo - charges should have been
followed up on in both these cases.


Now, a monkey has been stolen and its mate beaten to death. They must have raised quite a racket, but apparently there was no one to hear. Were all those animals left unattended through the night?
Now that this is obviously the case, how many other thugs will break in to wreak havoc?


Today I saw a Western Tanager outside my window but couldn't get my camera fast enough.

Tonight I wrote letters to Stockwell Day, the Prime Minister, Wally Oppal, the Premier and the Sun, Province & Courier. I find it outrageous that Clifford Olson is allowed to have a MySpace page that celebrates being a serial killer. He has even posted photos taken inside prison. How is he allowed unfettered access to the internet? Why is he able to torture the families of his victims? Where is the justice?

No comments: