Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CT Scan

Long day today. Thought I'd join Matt & Andy in the waiting room while Lily had her foot surgery, but they weren't there. The anaesthetist sent then home since she was starting to come down with a bug. At least I wasn't there long enough to have to pay for parking.

Out again for my CT Scan at the Cancer Agency. Forgot I wasn't supposed to have carbonated drinks yesterday & had a Gin & Tonic but they said one didn't matter. I have these tests planned out - show up with t-shirt & sweats and you don't have to bother changing.

Stopped at Oakridge & then home to watch Canada vs Norway. Slept through the 3rd period and 5 goals!

Picked up a couple of reserves at the library:
- Captive : a survival story
by Donalda Reid, a retired Vancouver principal
- The Bin Ladens : an Arabian family in the American century by Steve Coll

Attended a computer workshop at Kerrisdale. Michelle makes everything look so easy! A big difference from my new AV package in the 1970's (record player, reel-to-reel tape recorder, cassette tape recorder, Super 8 projector, filmstrip/slide projector, slide viewer, overhead projector) and her Smart Board.

Stopped at the White Spot as I was too tired to even think about cooking.

No comments: