Thursday, May 1, 2008

La Conner

Went for a long drive today. Took about an hour to cross the border but was able to read the Sun while in line. The Border Guard asked a Dewey Decimal question and I got it wrong. I quickly supplied a bunch of right answers which made him laugh. The medication is stopping estrogen which causes some fuzziness. Like having chemo brain again.

Lunch was Chuckanut Manor Restaurant B & B where I always have the Dungeness Crab & Shrimp Louis. This is one of the most beautiful spots along the coast for lunch, sitting on the edge of Samish Bay.

The tulip fields were mostly ploughed under in La Conner. There were only a few show fields left. I wandered through the shops and bought a couple of Mountain t-shirts.

I drove across to Harry & David in Burlington to replenish my supply of relish, horseradish dip & pancake mix. Then to Costco for gas ($3.56/gallon or about $1.04/litre) and Best Buy for a Garmin Nuvi Friction Mount & a case for my GPS.


Then to Sedro Woolley & meandered up Hwy 9 to Bellis Fair and walked around in the mall. Bought a couple of small things then had dinner at Ivor's.

Visited Jane in White Rock and then home.

Drove about 310 km with an average speed of 61 km/hr. Love the GPS. I often disagreed with routes it wanted me to take but it was great for finding specific places.

I ended up with an extra pill at dinner so must have taken the wrong number at breakfast! Duh!

No comments: