Saturday, May 17, 2008

Red Cross

Today I worked from 8:30 to 4:30 at the Canadian Red Cross. I supervised the Telus Red Cross Call Centre which was activated to take donation to help in Burma and China. There were very few calls (probably because of the long weekend) so they won't open again until Tuesday.

I did several orientations for agents who want to become supervisors. What a good group of volunteers came in today. Always a plus to have so many who can speak Mandarin and Cantonese. I can't get beyond Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Mae took me to Shaughnessy Restaurant in the VanDusen Botanical Garden for my birthday - I sure know how to stretch that celebration out. My meal was amazing: Rosemary Grilled Australian Lamb Chops cucumber & mint salsa, Yukon gold potato & asiago gallette and a glass of Pinot Blanc Blue Mountain (Apricot and pear are complemented by butterscotch on the nose and palate. A full mouth feel leads into a long, spicy finish).

No comments: