Friday, June 19, 2009

Treatment 2

At the Cancer Agency for bloodwork at 11 today. The tech found a nice fat vein and filled a handful of vials. Too bad it isn't always so easy.

Connie & Mae came to visit while I was in the waiting room. Saw my trial nurse, Stephanie, to go over how I've been. The swelling and pain in the leg and groin have gone away. She agreed that it was probably a lymph node.

Mae and I had lunch at the Cactus Club and then I returned to wait for another hour. Went up to the chemo floor at 2:45. The nurse put a special needle into the port-a-cath and started an IV drip. The trial drug (or not) took 1/2 an hour this time instead of an hour and I didn't have to wait around to see if I had a reaction. The port-a-cath was cleaned out with saline and heparin and I was on my way by 3:45. That is it for another 2 weeks!

I stopped for a reserve at the library and went right home. I was so tired I fell asleep.

Went to the White Spot for dinner then to Safeway for a few groceries. I love shopping at 8:00 - the store is empty.

No comments: