Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bone Scan Day

Had to be at Vancouver Hospital for an injection of the radioactive tracer for my bone scan. Had to use the vein in the back of my hand again.

Went to the White Spot for breakfast. Stayed in the airconditioning for quite a while reading and drinking. Managed two pots of tea and two large glasses of ice water in preparation for the test.

Back to the hospital waiting room and chatted with Grace McCarthy. Thanked her for the lights on the Lions Gate Bridge. The test took 20 minutes and went pretty well. My arms and feet were tied up to make lying still easier. I could see the monitor once I came far enough out of the machine and it was interesting spotting the bright white of the arthritis in my lower back, knees and ankles.

Stopped at Oakridge for groceries and the bathroom. Went staight home for the rest of the day - too much fluid intake to go anywhere.

It is really hot today and I had to keep my windows closed for the window washer. Luckily he was done by the time I got home. Too bad he didn't do the balcony sliding doors!

No comments: