Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Banquets

I didn't sleep well last night. Moved to my bed at 3 and it was better. I had been nervous about sleeping on the port-a-cath but it is now healed enough.

Started today at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club for the AGM of the Vancouver Branch of the Retired Teachers' Association. Great brunch buffet. Good to see so many old colleagues. I reelected a Member at Large (web steward & COSCO rep).

I was yawning all the way home and napped the rest of the afternoon.

Met Georgina in the parking lot of the Rocky Mountaineer Station for the AGM & 100th birthday of the Canadian Red Cross. The food at the reception was catered by the Four Seasons and was excellent. The serving staff just kept offering it!

I was given a certificate for my volunteering. I am going to bed now. I can't stay awake to watch the news.

No comments: