Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Victoria

I am in my motel room in Victoria and I am TIRED!

Caught the 9:00 ferry (Spirit of Vancouver Island) and spent the $10 to sit in the Seawest Lounge - quiet, comfortable, Starbucks coffee, pastries and newspapers. Worth every penny.

My GPS has really changed this visit. I don't worry a bit about how to get anywhere, just concentrate on the scenery. First stop was Marley Farm in the Mount Newton Valley, Saanichton. "Somebody" helped themselves to the last bottle of wine I bought here before I could try it. I'll be more careful with today's purchases.

Checked in to the Traveller's Inn - Downtown on Douglas Street. I'll come back here again - free parking, free wireless Internet in my room, free shuttle back and forth to the Convention Centre, clean, nice room.... $89/night.

Met Bubba at his house and unloaded the stuff I brought him (my old printer, turntable, etc.) and loaded a box for Sharron and Matt. Brought the car back to the motel parking lot. We just missed the shuttle but it actually came back for us!

Spent the day in the Royal BC Museum. Always enjoy wandering there and especially liked the BC 150 display, Free Spirit: Stories of You, Me and BC. I bought the book & DVD by Gerald Truscott in the Royal Museum Shop. Can't wait to watch the old travelogues.

We got a package deal & Bubba saw his first IMAX movie, Mummies: Secrets of the Pharoahs. Even though I've taught Egypt a few times over the years, I learned new things. A spectacular film.

It rained or drizzled all through the morning, but the sun was shining in a big blue sky when we came out of the museum. We walked back down Douglas and stopped for chocolates at Rogers - a necessity in Victoria.

Had dinner at Ferris' Oyster & Burger Bar. Scrumptious homous & pita to start and then burgers. Mine was lamb, with pesto mayo & feta with a mix of regular and sweet potato fries. I had to leave the top of my hamburger bun since it had sesame seeds on it. I am adding nuts and some seeds back into my diet but am avoiding the little hard ones. Don't want another diverticulitis attack, if that what they were.

We walked back to my motel to get the car and then went to visit Starre her sons. Bubba is very lucky.

I drove Bubba home and he said he was surprised at how far I could walk and how much I could eat. When he saw me at Christmas I wasn't doing much of anything and was hardly eating!


No comments: