Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cowichan Bay

Drove to Cowichan Bay for lunch today. Ate at the Rock Cod Cafe on the waterfront - had haddock with a crispy coconut coating & peach salsa with a Caesar salad. Very good.

Drove around the valley and stopped at Cherry Point Vineyards for a tasting & bought a couple of bottles. Amazing how many wineries there are.

Took the ferry from Brentwood Bay to Mill Bay for the first time. Pretty little trip.

Walked to the Empress (1.5 km), shopping along the way. I had to visit Munro's Book Store. I bought 1 Christmas present and 3 CDs. They have a huge selection of CDs on sale for about $4/each.

Alana picked me up and we had dinner at Spinnakers Brewpub. Had a great lamb sirloin dinner and rhubarb crisp, washed down with some Dragonfly Hill Vineyard Chardonnay.

Needless to say, my stamina astounds me. It wasn't long ago I couldn't do more than one aisle at Safeway.

No comments: