Tuesday, June 17, 2008

VESTA Retirement Dinner

Still trying to finish my book and I am getting close. My postie brought my new Memorex Turntable CD Recorder with Cassette Player and Analog Tuning AM/FM Radio and carried it upstairs for me. She said it was too heavy (16.5 kg) to put down, just lead the way! Now that is service! I can now burn a CD from a cassette or from a record with the push of a button.

The VESTA Retirement dinner was at the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre. Great view from the balcony. Saw many old friends, retired and retiring. The speeches of the retirees were as entertaining as usual but it took until 10:00 to hear them all there were so many going this year. Susan Lambert, the BCTF VP was inspiring and should have been speaking to new teachers.

I took a lot of photos. This was the first time for my new flash and I wasn't totally satisfied with my work. I threw out a bunch. When I went outside for some shots I put the setting on landscape and forgot to put it back on people, so I had to deal with red eye on the later photos. Just shows that the setting does work.

2008 VESTA Retirement Dinner



Luckily I left late and saw that Heather had a flat tire. She used my cell and I kept her company until the BCAA changed it. Worth every penny of the annual fee on nights like this.

No comments: