Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer close

Sat on the balcony in the sun for a while today. Summer is close!

Library and Safeway this morning.

Met Moira and her daughter for dinner at the White Spot tonight - taco salad. She let me borrow her copy of World Without End, the sequel to Pillars of the Earth. That should take care of this weekend.

I have to go back to my doctor Monday or Tuesday. I thought I had another refill on my esomeprazole (Nexium®), but don't. I am going to ask if I just keep taking it forever or do we try stopping. This is the one for the hiatus hernia.

"Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are a newer class of medication. They work by blocking an enzyme necessary for acid secretion...PPIs have emerged as the most effective therapy for relieving symptoms and improving quality of life, as well as healing and preventing damage to the esophagus in people with hiatus hernia."

It's a good thing I have Extended coverage - it costs $67.40/28 days and I only pay $20.22 now I've passed my deductable of $300.

No comments: