Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CheckUp

Arrived at the Cancer Agency for blood tests at 7:45. Mae called to make sure I was up. I am not used to these early mornings.

Saw my oncologist at 8:45. She is very pleased at how I am doing. Whatever I've been doing, I am to continue.

Karen says the breast cancer is the same as the one in 1990 - 1993 was a different kind. She thinks that the Tamoxifen that I had for 5 years after 1993 depressed the cancer, as did menopause after the hysterectomy in 2000. It was then free to start spreading.

The fact that it reacted so dramatically to this new treatment is promising and she says we will just continue with the trial I am on. If the tumour markers move up a bit we won't worry. If they spike up then I'll be taken off the trial and we'll try another drug. Sounds like a plan to me.

I stopped at the VBE to return World Without End to Moira. The Superintendent, Chris Kelly, was having a party in the lobby to thank the staff for the work of the past year. I got coffee, cake & a great speech. He spoke earlier this morning at the Metro Vancouver Sustainability Discussion Forum. He needs teachers to hear his message. Maybe speeches like this should be taped & available on the VBE website.

Did some shopping at Chapters and Granville Island and then home.

If you want to have a treat open http://www.vanaqua.org/belugacam/ and just keep it in a corner of your desktop.

No comments: