Thursday, June 5, 2008

Home

Another long day but I feel great at the end of it.

Up at 7 and read my Sun & Province online. Bubba called at 9 and then I was on the road.

My first stop was at the Merridale Estate Cidery. Those listed in the wine pamphlet would do well if they were as helpful as these people. I tasted several ciders and bought a 6-pack of small bottles and one Cidre Normandie.

The next stop was Blue Grouse Vineyards & Winery. Not as welcoming as the others but the little valley was beautiful. I bought a couple of bottles here.

Drove on to Coombs and bought a bunch of bread and scones at The Old Country Market. Also several bottles of neat stuff. Alana recommended Bambo ozle's in Coombs. A fascinating shop. I wanted to buy some tea samplers at the House of Leaves at Bambo ozle, but they weren't eager to serve me and I wanted to catch the 3:00 ferry.

Had my first ride on the M/V Coastal Renaissance. It was a really smooth ride in spite of the wind. I explored the whole ship and it is impressive. I had a cup of tea and then sat in a window seat to enjoy the view.

Stopped to see Pru and then home. It took 3 trips to carry everything upstairs. Dinner was Coombs bread, cheese, pickles, pickled beets, olives and wine. Perfect!

No comments: