Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Caching day

First day using the new car GPS.  Took it a while before the voice started telling me where to go.  It is a lot better than the old one.  The image is impressive and the Voice Command scary.  My iPhone works perfectly handsfree now.  The old one did these things but not nearly as smoothly.

Found 3 caches in Delta and a couple in Surrey.  Stopped at the Wired Monk for soup & a scone.  Didn't find a couple of caches and it was getting so hot, I decided to stop.  Did some shopping at London Drugs.  

Decided to buy a Roam Mobility SIM card for my iPad to use in the U.S.  The website said they sold it in Scottsdale Mall.  I wandered around and asked a few people.  Finally phoned and discovered it was the Rogers store.  Duh!  The card cost about $20.  When we go to Seattle next month, I'll buy 30 days of just data time for $29.95.  That will give me 500 mg of data.  Way cheaper than any phone plans.  The beauty of prepaying, is there will be no surprises.

Met Louise at the Cactus Club for dinner and then we bought cones at Mario's Gelati. 

No comments: