Saturday, June 30, 2012

New GI Dr.

Had to be at Hornby & Davie at 9:30 this morning.  Left early but traffic was fine and I got a parking spot right outside the door.  Took a minute to realize the parking meters are on the other side of the bike lane.  Paid with my phone.  Love doing that and when the wait was a bit long, added more time.

I really like this new GI Dr. Ho Ho Kin.  She is a lot nicer than the last man I had and really listened to me.  Helps when I hand over a page listing all my illnesses & meds.  We decided to do nothing right now.  My symptoms have settled down and I am eating well.  She gave me some suggestions of what to do with the Gerd attacks and thinks the big attacks I had after Chinese banquets might have been food poisoning.  My immune system is compromised so it isn't surprising no one else was bothered.  I will see her in September but am to call if I am unwell before that.  This one is a keeper.

Headed out to Ladner and was First To Find on a cache put out this morning.  Never thought about trying to be first as I had the downtown appointment.  The next one nearly did me in.  It was really easy but I knelt down.  Ended up rolling to a fence to help me get back up.  My arthritis therapists are right when they say not to do that any more.

Had a cup of seafood chowder & a 1/2 Caesar salad at Sharkey's.  A perfect lunch.  Carried on and got to 12 for the day and 99 for the day of the month.  Stopped at Tim Horton's for a bathroom break and had some ice cream at the Cold Stone Creamery.  They now have free WiFi!

Back to the beach for one more and had to ask a dog walker to bend down for it so I didn't have to kneel again.  Made my 100.  

Traffic was rough at the tunnel as there was a football game so I drove around to the Alex Fraser bridge.  The game was great.  Better start than last year.

No comments: