Sunday, June 3, 2012

Grace's funeral

Slept in until 9:30 so grabbed a Starbuck's latte on the way to cousin Grace Eadie's funeral.  It was at an Anglican Church at UBC.

Glad I arrived 15 minutes early because the parking lot was just about full.  The church was packed and they kept putting out more chairs.  Saw several people I knew from the VSB - principals, associates and a superintendent.

Waited until some of the crowd thinned and introduced myself to my family.  Several did remember meeting me in the past here and in Edmonton.  Had a long talk with Grace's brother David & one of her sisters.  They all recognized my dad as being the parents' best man.  Nice to meet people who actually knew him.

So tired afterwards that I forgot my plan for the day and just stopped at Safeway for some groceries.

No comments: