Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Check up day

Sarted my morning at the Mary Pack Arthritis Centre at 8:30.  The OT was replacing the straps that frayed on my hand splints.  One is fitting looser which just showed how much swelling there had been.

Walked over to Fairmont for my appointment with Karen.  Didn't see her but I like the one I saw instead.  We've met a few times now.  She says the tumour markers are either going up or down, according to which scale you look at.  Some of my tumours are growing & others are okay.  We decided to stay on the Tamoxifen until September.  Didn't see Karen.  That's a good sign.  She would have come in if she was concerned.

Found a cache near Stanley Park.  Offered to take a photo of 3 cyclists near a statue on the bench.  I told them what I was doing and one had a boyfriend who went geocaching.  She ducked under the bench and came up with the cache.  Came close to a couple of others but either needed to crawl or hang off a cliff.  Some cachers don't get the terrain levels.  

Realized that I was getting really tired so headed home without getting my 100th for the date (need 2 more).  Grabbed soup & a cinnamon bun at Characters.

Picked up Louise at 5:15 and we went to meet Gwen & Wanda at Chungqing on Commercial.  It was closed for renovations & had a stop work order from the city on the front door.  We then went a few doors down to the Gojo Cafe Ethiopian Restaurant.  They were very patient and helped us order and then came to show us how to eat the dish.  We used Injera (Ethiopian flat-bread) instead of utensils to scoop up the food and it was delicious.  We ended up at the Gelateria Dolce Amore down Commercial for dessert.  

Interesting contrast between tonight and last night.  At the VESTA dinner, several people came up and said how healthy I looked and wasn't it great that I was well.  What am I supposed to say to that?  Well gee, I'm actually dying (my plan is to keep it slow).  Tonight, I didn't have to deal with that.  They get it. 

No comments: