Friday, November 13, 2009

COSCO

Started my day at the Hasting Community Centre in a COSCO (Council of Senior Citizens’ Organizations of BC) meeting.  Always interesting.

Since the sun was shining when we finished at noon, I started geocaching.  Found one nearby in Burnaby and drove out the Barnet Hwy.  Went over the new Pitt River and Golden Ears bridges.  What a difference they make.

Had lunch in Fort Langley at Village Coffee & Tea and then bought some wine at The Fort Wine Co. 


First time I've used my iPhone for geocaching without maps or preloading GPS units.  Worked like a dream.  Found the nearby caches and picked the one I wanted.  Then added it to the car GPS to drive to it.  The handheld Garmin seems more accurate so I still used it as well.  Found 3 more to bring me up to 419.  Had to stop as it was dark and cold!


No comments: