Thursday, November 12, 2009

55 Plus

Up early to attend Vancouver Retired Teachers' 55 Plus Seminar at the Hellenic Community Centre on Arbutus.  First was a presentation on the state of our pensions from the BCTF.  This was a repeat of an earlier one I went to but, with a different presenter, I did stay interested.

Next was Identity Theft with George Greenwood.   Picked up several useful tips and bought his book, "In Your Good Name!  Identity Theft: A Canadian Perspective"



Lunch was Greek Salad, Chicken Souvlaki and pastry.  Very good and nice to be served for a change.

The afternoon was a session on Legal documents you need: Power of Attorney, Wills, and Representation Agreements - a joint BCTF/COSTCO workshop.  Good handout and I learned a lot.  It is time to do that will again.

I left as it finished to get to the BCTF to take off the mailing labels from our big list so they won't get our newsletter mailed.  Only 22 but it is a start in going green.

Had to go to Best Buy to buy a charger for the iPhone battery I bought in the states.  The twit there only sold me half of what is needed.  The fellow serving me gave me ideas for saving power as I have been using it up quickly.

Picked up a couple of reserves at the library and then home.  I was so tired that I fell asleep.





No comments: