Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cancer Again

Yesterday I was told once again that I have cancer!

My first lumpectomy was in 1976 and it was nothing. Then I found a lump in my breast in August 1990 - 18 years ago. The tumour was started to invade a rib so they just left it and bombarded it/me with chemo and radiation. A funny lymph node cut out in 1991 turned out to be nothing.

In 1993 we found cancer in the other breast and I had double mastectomies. There was cancer on both sides, including at the original site. Five years of Tamoxifen was supposed to wipe it all out.

A hysterectomy in 2000 revealed the beginnings of endometrial cancer and a cold sore that every doctor and dentist said was just that, turned out to be cancer in 2002 - 1/3 of my lip was cut out!. I notice the smaller mouth when the dentist tries to put the tools in.

Now the breast cancer is back. Funny to find it in a lymph node in my groin. An MRI has shown funny tissue around my aorta and kidneys. I am not really sure of what is happening and am waiting to talk the oncologist. I’ll be seeing Karen Gelmon, a top medical oncologist.
http://www.bccrc.ca/at/people_kgelmon.html

I think I see Karen tomorrow. I will certainly be going to the Relaxation Group Thursday morning and have Therapeutic Touch booked after it.

No comments: