Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bone Scan

Today is another shot at a Bone Scan. I went by myself for the radioactive tracer injection at 12:55 - no holding babies or crossing the US border for a day!
I took an Oxycodone & an Ativan so my back would let me stay still for the scan at 3:50. I couldn't drive with this drug load, so Moira was my driver today.

The scan wasn't easy. Even with the drugs, my back began to hurt and my abdomen was burning. I only had to lie still for 17 1/2 minutes, but it was hard to do. I had to use all the skills I learned in the Relaxation Groups.

We went to the White Spot at the Coast Hotel for dinner. The menu is all new so we tried the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Not much left on our plates!

Now I wait until I see the oncologist on Tuesday to see what her game plan is. Hormone therapy or chemo?

No comments: