Friday, September 19, 2014

New stage

Better night.  Sure have slept a lot.  Had a roommate for a few minutes.  No English, groaning in pain, unable to stand and lots of relatives.  She got moved to a room by herself.

Karen came in the afternoon.  She says I've moved into a new stage of my cancer.  The plan is get the pain under control, so the patch was removed and a new one is double the dose.  Still need other painkillers until it kicks in.  We're stopping the chemo as it isn't working.  My tumour markers are up to 300.  It was down to around 20.  She's going to think about the next move until Monday.  I might have chemo in here to see if I can tolerate it.

Ate a bit at all the meals.  The laxative worked!   Had visits from Matt, Mae, Pru & Jesse and Pam.  Sarah spent, one of my social workers, an hour with me.  Getting good care.

No comments: