Thursday, September 4, 2014

Busy day

What a busy day.  The Cancer Agency called to say I was having an ultrasound and biopsy tomorrow and needed blood tests today.  Pam an Maureen picked me up at 10 and dropped me at the Lifelabs on Granville.  The morning rush was over and I got in right away.  The order had been faxed.  My veins were "small", but the woman found one quickly.  We headed to East Van to get some caches off our maps.

We were nearby, so stopped at SPARC BC in Burnaby and I got a new handicapped tag with no trouble.  Found a few more caches in Burnaby and had lunch at Nando's on Kingsway.  Always tasty chicken and I had enough to bring home for dinner.   Found more caches in Central Park and along the river.  I sat in the shade with my book and really enjoyed being out on such a beautiful day.  I was home before 4:00.

A doctor from the Agency called because my numbers were so low.  He kept asking if I had a fever, but I don't.  He was pleased I'd been out all day.  I'm to keep checking and must call if I hit 38.  It,s 37 right now and I feel fine.  He also said to gargle with baking soda and I should have known that if I'd looked at the info sheets I've been given.  It does feel better right now.  I wonder if they'll do the biopsy?   Just shows that I've been right in avoiding germy crowds.  Must go to IHOP for liver when I can chew again.


No comments: