Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hospital

Matt came for me this morning - my hero!  He took out the garbage and some recycling before taking me to the Cancer Agency for a blood test.  I looked shaky enough that they put me in a wheelchair.  I hurt and and exertion caused me to gasp for breaths.

We then went to Fairmont to see Karen.  She was not impressed!  Found a bed in the Cancer Agency but I had to wait until 3:30.  Matt took me back to the 6th floor loung and I sat in the recliner and sipped tea.

I'm in a double room on the 5th floor and am on my 2nd bag of blood.  I've already had a couple of bags of fluid and another is waiting, along with a small one of magnesium.  They did a chest X-rea and it was fine.  Next will be a head CT and an ultrasound of my abdomen.  I'm being given hydromorphone more often.

I was anemic, dehydrated, had low magnesium and the kidneys weren't working properly.  I'm still in pain from the tumours (which have mutated to triple negative).  My gut is upset, but I managed some dinner - chicken breast, gravy, peas & carrots, salad and carrot cake.  Ate a bit of everything which was more than I've managed for a couple of days.  Way better than VGH food.

Mae and Sarah came for short visits.  I made a point of going over and introducing myself to my roomie, but she hasn't talked to me.  Glad all her loud visitors have gone.  Free WiFi and free TV!


No comments: