Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Morning from hell

Had to have a MUGA scan of my heart to make sure I can tolerate more chemo.  The porter took me through the tunnels but we had come back when we hit a broken elevator.  He then pushed he along the sidewalk to the Emergency entrance.  It was drizzling, cold and bumpy. I had a couple of thin blankets  I had a big file on my lap that was hurting my leg.  The nurse gave mea pain killer just before I left, but I was crying in pain by the time we arrived.  A nurse ran over fom the Agency with another pill.  Everything calmed down enough for the test, just.  Luckily, the tech was great.  I then had another wet, bumpy ride back.

Lynne Keeling came in just as I got back into bed.  Haven't seen her for years.  We visited for a bit and then she did Therapeutic Touch.  That, along with a hot blanket on my feet and another pain killer, calmed me down and I dozed the morning away.

I had missed breakfast and just nibbled at lunch.  The food isn't appetizing and is cold.

Karen came in with her new plan.  I'm starting Eribulin.  We've decided on a DNR so Matt won't have to pull a plug.  The pain patch has been doubled again and theY said to stop being stoic.

Busy afternoon.  Pru and Matt arrived together.  Pam brought a tea and then Pat stopped by.  Next was Ildi & Barb   Was pretty tired.

Long day.

No comments: