Friday, September 5, 2014

Biopsy

My day was so long, I booked Freemasons.  I was picked up at 9:30 and returned home at 4:30.  First up was an ultrasound of my groin.  The doctor came in and decided to biopsy the tumours on my abdomen instead as they were really sticking out.  She froze the skin, made a little slit and used a tool that made a loud click to take 4 samples.  The hardest part was lying on the hard bed.  My back was really hurting.  The radiologist, Dr. Helena O’Dwyer, was great and explained every step.  She was a bit worried about needing, given my poor blood counts, but it wasn't a problem.  

Then on to meet with Dr. Voduc, my radiation oncologist and his team.  He decided to radiate the tumours on my lower right back and on the side.  He didn't need a CT Scan as they were so prominent.  They marked me up with felts and took photos.  He hopes this might help to shrink the leg.

On to lunch in the cafeteria and then the 6th floor waiting room so I could make some tea.  Was pretty comfortable and had lots to read on my iPad and Kobo.  

Returned to the 2nd floor for radiation.  I was able to lie on my right side for both the sections they were aiming at.  Took a while for them to line up the machine to hit the marks.  Once the machine starts, it doesn't take long and you don't feel anything. 

I was back in the lobby at 3:00, but Freemasons were short a couple of drivers.  I always have something to read, so didn't mind at all.  

Feeling tired and a bit sore tonight.  I can hear my mouse squeaking.  He doesn't go for the traps.  I'll deal with it tomorrow.  Correction: the two on the sticky traps are what I hear.  


No comments: