Monday, June 16, 2014

Long day

My Freemason driver showed up at 8:15.  In 5 minutes I did my teeth, finished dressing, grabbed my go bag and was on the way down the stairs.  He got me to the Agency in plenty of time for my bloodwork.

Had a scone in the cafeteria for breakfast.  Spent the next couple of hours in a lounge chair in the 6th floor lounge, reading and drinking tea.  There is wifi but not good enough to watch the World Cup on my iPad.

My nurse was worried about treating me after looking at my leg.  The trials nurse came to look and thought it looked a bit better and said to go ahead.  Karen emailed her agreement amend we finally started at noon.  After a bit, two of us were moved to another room and nurse.  Juggling those of us needing some isolation (bathrooms that need cleaning) is hard.  I also need to be watched while getting the Taxol.  Did well again today.  Slowly building up the dose is keeping the allergic reaction at bay.  Slept a lot because of the Benedryl.  Went through 4 hot blankets and a couple more cups of tea.  Finally finished at 4, but my driver didn't get me home until 5:30.


No comments: