Friday, June 27, 2014

End of my trial

Started out at the Cancer Agency for bloodwork at 8:30.  They drew 10 vials!   Had a great breakfast of Eggs Benedict at the Sunshine Diner.

My appointment with Karen was 10:45.  Good thing I paid for 2 hours of parking.  I saw the trials nurse, a resident and then Karen.  I've been booted from the clinical trial as it isn't working.   The CT Scan showed the tumours are growing.  There are some new ones around my kidneys and on the wall of my abdomen.  The lumps on my abdomen and back haven't gone down.  Funny thing is they didn't mention the big one on my leg that was radiated.  No sign of it?   

Karen finally decided to give me a break from trials.  I'm not sick enough for heavy duty chemo. She wants to save that for when it moves into an organ.  We're going to try Tamoxifen again.  I took it for 5 years in 1993 and again for the metastatic cancer.  It worked for a while, so maybe it will again.   

A daily pill is going to make life a lot easier.  I can eat grapefruit again and go to my metastatic group next Wednesday.   Still a disappointment.  

Had to wait 45 minutes at the Agency for my pills.  Sat in the loung with a cup of tea and my Kobo.  Parking cost $28.50 for all my stops.  

No comments: