Monday, June 9, 2014

Dopey day

My Freemason drivers was really early which was good because I gave the wrong time.  Were early for the right time.  Got my bloodwork done by 8 and had a scone in the cafeteria.  Read newspapers on my iPad while I waited for chemo at 11.  Things went well and I had no reaction to the Taxol. I'm so doped up with Benedryl that I sleep through a lot of it.  It also stopped my allergies.  I'm coughing and blowing my nose a lot.  It's picked up again, now the drugs have worn off.

I was home by 3:30 and dozed a lot.  First thing was a late lunch.  The cafeteria at BCCA used to be much better.  They close at 2, so I missed it by 20 minutes.  They don't start making stuff until 11:30, so no early lunch.  It's always pretty empty and they are turning some of the space into something else.  They've never offered really healthy food.  No hospital I've ever eaten in seems make a real connection between their nutritionist and food services.

No comments: