Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday 13th plus a Full Moon = ?

My doctor doesn't work at Seymour Clinic on Fridays, so I went to their walk-in.  Took 1 1/2 hours to see a doctor for a couple of minutes to get something for my hayfever.  I always have a my Kobo!

Met Patience and Oru for lunch at the White Spot.  Always love it when Patience comes home from Texas and it also means I see more of Pru as she takes time off work.

I was home by 2:00, tired and ready for soccer, Lions and Stanley Cup.  I was on the phone when I realized there was a big area of dark purple at the top of my leg and partway down - about the size of a tennis ball.  The wound had been draining more and it hurt a bit to walk.  I immediately called my trials nurse.  She found Karen in a meeting and they had me meet them at the Cancer Agency.  Karen took a look and thinks it's an infection.   They took two swabs and ordered an antibiotic cream and some pills.

Went to the Safeway and had to wait another 1 1/2.  Was really wiped by then, but they have a comfortable waiting room.  I settled in with my Kobo after getting a few groceries.

Finally got home at 6:00.  So much for a quiet day.

No comments: