Thursday, October 8, 2009

Long day at the Cancer Agency

Went back to Crown and Marine to find the cache we couldn't find yesterday. The photo on the web gave me the clue I needed. Now at 335!

Picked up Mae and was at the Cancer Agency just before 10.  Only gave 1 vial of blood and then waited for Mae & Darline.  We walked across the street to Bean So Good for tea and cinnamon bun.



I love the new Google Street View. When you can't remember the name of a place, just zoom in!

Met with Stephanie at 11:20. My tumour markers are holding pretty steady. They should be below 30 but have stopped climbing.



I asked about the thyroid and my TSH test (Thyroid-stimulating hormone) was at 5 which means hypothyroidism.  This is often a side effect of the study drug.  Does this mean I am on the real thing and not the placebo?


I went back to Bean So Good for carrot soup and a small bagel.  Spent the rest of the time before my treatment in the 5th floor lounge, reading and listening to my iTouch. 


The drug was delayed about 45 minutes as there was problem mixing it in the pharmacy.  The treatment was fine and the nurse had no problems.  A lot easier when they can use the port-a-cath for everything.

Saw Dr. Drysdale, the shrink, at 3:30.  I had seen her 15 years ago when on Tamoxifen.  She suggested an appointment when we ran into each other a few weeks ago.

Finally home just before 5 pm.   A long day.


No comments: