Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Home

Did more geocaching in Oak Bay today.  Ended up a couple of blocks from the Blethering Place so went again for lunch.  Found 8 today but ran out of those I'd preloaded and marked on a map.  Another argument for an iPhone!   My total for the trip is 33 and I am now in the top 500 in BC with 390 finds.

Remembered to stop in Sidney for a bottle of Victoria Gin.  Tried Marley winery but it was closed during the week.  The web site had said it was open but they are having family problems.  Too bad, I liked their wine.

Saw by the highway sign that the 4:00 ferry was full and the 5:00 was 44% full so decided to get in line at 3:30.  The ticket seller said there was a good chance I'd make the 5.  They started loading the 4 and we all got on!  It was an extra sailing, probably because of the U2 concert.  The traffic trying to get through the tunnel went for miles so I bypassed it and went to New Westminster via Queensborough.  Longer but I never slowed down.

I am tired and my hands are sore, but glad I took the trip.

No comments: