Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sea-Tac

Pru couldn't pick up Patience today so I volunteered. Got up early to avoid border line-ups and breezed through at about 8:30.

Decided to meander. Picked up a latte to start. They forgot mine in the queue so I now have a coupon for a freebie and felt good as they were so nice about it. Stopped in old Bellingham (Fairhaven) for a tea and lemon & currant scone to take my morning pills with.

Down the Chuckanut Drive and explored Anacortes. Crossed the bridge at Deception Pass to Whidbey Island. This time I stopped and walked back onto the bridge to take photos. It shakes when large trucks go by!

Stopped in Coupeville for lunch at the Mad Crab - Dungeness Crab Louis salad & chowder. I didn't check a schedule for the Mukilteo ferry but must be living right as I drove up and was on board 10 minutes later. By the time I came out of the bathroom, we were moving.


Drive to Sea-Tac


My GPS took me back to I-5 on a road along the water and into Everett - much quieter than just staying on the road off the ferry. I-5 was busy but I reached Seattle Premium Outlets with no trouble. I exchanged a broken clock radio at Sony's for Chris and had time to do a bit of shopping myself. Filled a bag (reusable) at my favourite store, Harry & David.

Patience's plane was to land at 17:10 and that was when I stepped into the terminal. We met at the baggage claim area. She phoned & I was standing on the other side of the carousel. Both of us were hungry and asked for a restaurant suggestion. Too many cars in the lanes beside me stopped us from getting to the right turn-off so I just kept driving past Seattle. There was a lot of traffic as it was rush hour and there was a Mariners game.

We circled Northgate Mall looking for a restaurant and found the Seattle Crab Co. - grilled (wild) salmon, roasted baby red potatoes, veggies & a loaf of sourdough. Mmmm.

It started pouring while we ate. All the way to Delta it was either raining or drizzling. Not a drop in Vancouver. We saw lots of lightning - sheet and fork. This slowed down the drive a bit. After dropping Patience at Chris's I made it home at about 22:20 - about 650 km.

My arthritis is complaining about all the sitting this week - knees and hips.

No comments: