Thursday, July 17, 2008

Harrison

Tried filling a prescription at Safeway but their computers are down. The pharmacist gave me 1 pill for this morning and I'll pick up the rest tomorrow.

Went on a Circle Farm Tour drive to Harrison. Had brunch at IHOP in Langley. Took the
Albion Ferry at Fort Langley. Beautiful little ride but I think I was the only one enjoying it - everyone else was commuting!

Bought some beer at the
Mission Springs Brewing Company and then straight to Harrison. Had a relaxing soak in the public pool.

Then to the
Farm House Natural Cheeses for some Alpine Gold (a washed curd, washed rind cheese. It has a deliciously smelly golden-orange rind, which gives a distinct flavour to the straw-coloured semi-soft paste) and a small container of Provencal goat cheese. On to Limbert Mountain Farm and the owner let another women and me sample many things. I went away with some of their chocolate (one with hazelnuts and coffee beans and the other was Mojito Mint), Roman Provence Rooibos Tea and a bottle of Rhubarb & Vanilla preserves. We waited for the fresh humus to be bottled and bought it without even waiting for the label. A good thing I had ice in my little cooler!

Stopped at the
Chilliwack Airport Coffee Shop for pie (raspberry/rhubarb) and decided to try a 1/2 Spinach Salad. It was quite large and probably the best I've ever tasted (This is just the best dressing my mother makes. We top off this salad with egg, real bacon bits, cauliflower and fresh mushrooms. Served with garlic toast — Popeye’s here everyday).

Meandered back to Vancouver and stopped at Pru's to share some of my booty.

No comments: