Thursday, August 1, 2013

Car accident

Was driving on Alderbridge next to Landsdowne Mall just after 2 this afternoon.  A woman driving a red SUV changed lanes and hit me.  I could see the front of her car coming towards my front passenger side so drove over a little cement bumper onto a grassy medium.  Managed to avoid the trees!   I must have been in her blind spot.  She was very upset that I might be hurt but I don't think so.  Got a headache and my leg hurt but that's normal these days.  It might have made it worse.  My right ankle and foot are swollen again but don't hurt.

My mirror has no glass and it left a big black scrape on her car, as if the plastic melted as we scraped past.  We both have streaks of white - not sure why.  She is missing the door handle on the back door.  Would have been a lot worse if I hadn't swerved away.

I continued on to meet Moira for coffee.  By the time I got home, the other driver had done her ICBC report and said just what I did.  Love honest people.  Because my car is 10 years old, I can't just go to a body shop.  My appointment at a claim centre isn't until Aug. 12th.  Really hard driving without that mirror.  I'm trying not get into to many situations where I have to change into the right lane.

2 comments:

Jerry Brady said...

Oh my! I’m sorry to hear about your accident. The injuries you sustained sound awful, and it seems that the accident was really terrible. I’m just glad that those were the extent of it all. In any way, thanks for sharing your experience, Val! I hope that you are faring better now. Take care always!


Jerry Brady @ Lambert And Williams

Stephanie Waters said...

Yikes! Good thing you swerved right away, and managed to avoid the trees. I hope recovered well from that seemingly mild injury which the accident gave you. Hopefully, that’s the last time something awful like that would happen to you on the road. Take care, Val!

Stephanie Waters @ Chastaine Law