Friday, December 23, 2011

Good checkup

Louise met me at Fairmont for my appointment with my oncologist.  Karen noted that I must have been nervous as this is the first time I have brought someone.  It helped that they were friends.  

The Tamoxifen is working!  The cancer in my lung "is no longer seen".  Other nodes have either stayed the same or have shrunk.  My tumour markers have dropped a bit for the first time in months.  If the two nodes I can feel get worse I am to call.  Otherwise, she'll check them again next visit.  The plan is to keep on with the Tamoxifen.  All in all, a good outcome.

Louise took me out for coffees to celebrate and then I bought some groceries at Granville Island.

I'm pretty tired tonight.  Probably partly because of the stress leading up to this appointment.  Still managed to make the cranberry sauce but haven't wrapped the presents yet.  Tomorrow morning will do.


No comments: