Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blackout Calendar

Left before dawn this morning and watched the sun rise as I headed to Peace Arch.  Drove right through the NEXUS lane with a slight pause to say Happy New Year.  We really expected more traffic.  I don't think I've ever driven up without having to wait for another car.  Met Pam at the outlet mall and we started on the road to Lynden.  Pam had a plan and I logged 21 by the time I had her back at her car at exactly noon.  I've now found a cache on every day in the year except Feb. 29th  I now have to work on getting each column to add up to 100 (all the 1sts, 2nds...).  I already have 100 in each month.  I need 28 tomorrow but think it'll be raining.  Shopping instead?

Found the finals for a couple of challenges (250 on one day & 10 colours in Washington) but can't log the 2nd one until the owner approves my list.  That puts me at 4,867 total finds.

Stopped at the Shrimp Shack in Bellingham for lunch.  Arrived at my hotel in Lynwood just as the sun went down.  The Jr Hockey game between Canada and the U.S. wasn't on TV so I went to Applebee's for dinner at 6.  Back in time for the Canucks game.  They aren't playing well.  Too many shots allowed on our net and not enough on theirs.

Bought a bottle of bubbly so I can toast 2012.  Dad was born 101 years ago today.  I always miss him on this night.


No comments: