Thursday, August 13, 2009

Treatment day

Blood drawn from port-a-cath at 9:45 with just a bit of trouble. The line was left in for the afternoon. Grabbed a scone and tea so I could take my pill. The trial nurse came to find me as she had a different appointment time for me.

Met Darline at lunch but didn't buy mine for a bit as there were a few people ahead of me. Didn't go out as the weather was iffy. Big rain storm as I drove to the Agency. After eating, I sat in the 5th floor lounge reading and saw Darline again.

Arrived for treatment at 1:oo and was hooked up to saline drip. The nurse was a good one this time. She didn't need to draw any more blood so could use the morning line. A machine in the lab at VGH was down so the bloodwork was late. Then the nurse couldn't communicate with the lab from their new offices in Fairmont. Another nurse had to walk up to give the orders. My treatment finally started an hour late. I didn't really mind since there were no more attempts to finds veins this time. I always have my iPod and a good book.

Came home via Granville Island. Found a parking spot after a few circles of the parking lot and bought some meat and bread.

I still didn't have my appointments for the next few weeks and have arranged to have it emailed. Much more efficient.

No comments: